[White Paper Available Now]
A New Facet of Compliance
As consumers become increasingly aware of the issues surrounding the mining of diamonds and other minerals, interest in ethical sourcing has carried over to the colored gemstone market.
Mining activities associated with gemstones have caused deforestation and soil erosion that has led to water pollution. Corruption and illegal activities can be compared to those of other mineral extraction practices including illegal extraction and smuggled gemstones being traded to finance various armed rebel groups.
- The colored gemstone industry
- Jewelers' challenges with the gemstone supply chain
- Gemstones and human rights violations
- Environmental impact of gemstone mining
- The gemstone supply chain
- Mine to market transparency
- Gemstone regulations and standards